Coastal Bend Intergroup
The Mission of the Coastal Bend Intergroup Association is to provide the vital 1st contact to the alcoholic seeking help. The CBIA Office must be maintained for the benefit of those still suffering. Of primary importance to this goal, the CBIA office is to establish a 24-hour telephone help-line, print meeting schedules, and maintain a 12-step list whereby AA Groups and individuals are enabled to conduct 12-Step calls which are essential to the growth of AA in the Coastal Bend Area.
- Maintains business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 11:30AM & 2:00 PM to 5:00PM. The office is open during business hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and Tuesday afternoons.
- Provides information and referrals for A.A. inquiries.
- Maintains a 12 Step listing and calls individuals for 12 Step work.
- Provides a 24 hour helpline manned by volunteers in the evenings and on weekends and holidays.
- Publishes meeting schedules of all groups in the Coastal Bend Area at no charge.
- Publishes a monthly newsletter, the “Coastal BENDER”, to keep A.A. members informed of local A.A. affairs and special events.
- Purchases and sells “CONFERENCE APPROVED’ literature, and non-conference approved Anniversary Medallions and Sobriety Chips.
- Conducts monthly Trustee meetings. Any member with an item on the agenda is welcome to attend. Group GSR’s and IGR’s are always welcome to attend.
- Conducts Quarterly Meetings to keep groups apprised of Intergroup activities, and to seek group participation in CBIA affairs.
- Maintains service committees for service work in the Coastal Bend Area.
- Develops and maintains a website.